[Snort-users] community.rules file - failure error during restart or start of snort

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Wed Apr 30 15:40:35 EDT 2014

On Apr 30, 2014, at 3:37 PM, Farnsworth, Robert <robert.farnsworth at ...14783.....<mailto:robert.farnsworth at ...6440...>> wrote:

LOL, that was after removing the community.rules entry from the snort.conf

So yes it does start after removing or commenting out the $RULE_PATH/community.rules

But does not start with the entry included in the file, hence the reason I am e-mailing this community.

We require the error that it gives you when you put community.rules back in :)