[Snort-users] community.rules file?

Farnsworth, Robert robert.farnsworth at ...6440...
Wed Apr 30 10:58:50 EDT 2014

Trying to get compliant with the recently announced IE issue.

I have added the latest community.rules file to the rules directory and updated my snort.conf, but am getting a failure error when doing a restart/start.

Snort starts file without the include $RULE_PATH/community.rules entry

/usr/local$ snort -V

  o"  )~   Version 2.9.4.6 GRE (Build 73)
   ''''    By Martin Roesch & The Snort Team: http://www.snort.org/snort/snort-team
           Copyright (C) 1998-2013 Sourcefire, Inc., et al.
           Using libpcap version 1.4.0
           Using PCRE version: 8.33 2013-05-28
           Using ZLIB version: 1.2.3

/etc/init.d/snort_rc start  or /etc/init.d/snort_rc restart

If you need more information let me know.