[Snort-users] Inquiry about snort output

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Sun Apr 27 15:49:52 EDT 2014

On 4/27/2014 11:58 AM, basant subba wrote:
> I was going through the alerts generated by the snort and noticed that most of
> the alerts have an associated reference number from CVE, Bugtraq and Nessus.
> There are some alerts that have reference like http://www.whitehats.com. But
> when I open this link in browser there's nothing there. For alerts having CVE,
> Bugtraq and Nessus Ref. No. I can check the details over internet but I can't do
> the same for whitehats alert. Can any1 please explain me why?

whitehats shutdown years ago... those rules have simply never had their
references updated...

someone (VRT/Cisco) really should, IMHO, fix the entry in the references.conf
file to point to a valid site for those references *OR* simply remove whitehats
and those references from the rules...