[Snort-users] Can you make snort work with mysql after first installing snort?

Steve Crow scrow at ...16818...
Thu Apr 24 15:56:28 EDT 2014

Thank you, I'll focus on installing Barnyard2 as my next step then.

Steve

From: Joel Esler (jesler) [mailto:jesler at ...589...]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 2:51 PM
To: Steve Crow
Cc: snort-users
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Can you make snort work with mysql after first
installing snort?

On Apr 24, 2014, at 3:01 PM, Steve Crow <scrow at ...16818...>
wrote:

Hi, I installed snort; now I would like to increase its usefulness by using
some reporting tools. It seems mysql is needed. Can snort be made to work
with mysql via configuration, or does it have to be re-configured and go
through make and make install again?

Snort outputs to unified2.  Barnyard2 software is needed to process the
unified2 files and insert them into mysql.

--
Joel Esler
Open Source Manager