[Snort-users] Can you make snort work with mysql after first installing snort?

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Thu Apr 24 15:50:37 EDT 2014

On Apr 24, 2014, at 3:01 PM, Steve Crow <scrow at ...16818...<mailto:scrow at ...979...16818...>> wrote:

Hi, I installed snort; now I would like to increase its usefulness by using some reporting tools. It seems mysql is needed. Can snort be made to work with mysql via configuration, or does it have to be re-configured and go through make and make install again?

Snort outputs to unified2.  Barnyard2 software is needed to process the unified2 files and insert them into mysql.

--
Joel Esler
Open Source Manager