[Snort-users] AANVAL or MYSQL question

Y M snort at ...15979...
Wed Apr 23 17:19:44 EDT 2014

> @YM: maybe these are two threads of the same process? i see similar on my own
> systems... three of them if i compile with the reload capability...
Isn't Snort single-threaded? I wouldn't imagine it will be creating another "thread" other than its own. On systems i look for there is only one process on every system I checked. May be OS specific? not likely?
I forgot to mentions that my systems are also compiled with reload. Which brings the question of if the Snort has been reloaded (not restarted) on these systems or these processes are showing up after a clean reboot?
YM
From: snort at ...15979...
To: wkitty42 at ...14940...; sgierczak at ...16714...
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 21:13:32 +0000
CC: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] AANVAL or MYSQL question

> @YM: maybe these are two threads of the same process? i see similar on my own
> systems... three of them if i compile with the reload capability...
Isn't Snort single-threaded? I wouldn't imagine it will be creating another "thread" other than its own. On systems i look for there is only one process on every system I checked. May be OS specific? not likely?
YM

> Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:49:37 -0400
> From: wkitty42 at ...14940...
> To: SGierczak at ...16714...; snort at ...15979...; snort-users at ...3471...ge.net
> Subject: Re: [Snort-users] AANVAL or MYSQL question
>
> On 4/22/2014 1:09 PM, Gierczak, Stan wrote:
> [...]
> > snort     1321 82.3 12.3 633956 501136 ?       Rsl  Apr21 1393:18
> > /usr/sbin/snort -A fast -b -d -D -i eth0 -u snort -g snort -c
> > /etc/snort/snort.conf -l /var/log/snort/eth0
> >
> > snort     3514 66.1  7.6 633684 308620 ?       Rsl  12:01   4:34 /usr/sbin/snort
> > -A fast -b -d -D -i eth0 -u snort -g snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -l
> > /var/log/snort/eth0
>
> @YM: maybe these are two threads of the same process? i see similar on my own
> systems... three of them if i compile with the reload capability...
>
> --
>        private contact is specifically requested and granted.

Snort-users list archive: