[Snort-users] Help with Pulledpork

Kurzawa, Kevin kkurzawa at ...16800...
Tue Apr 22 09:03:58 EDT 2014

I see you are using rule_path and out_path both.

  rule_path=/usr/local/snortrules2/rules/snort.rules
  out_path=/usr/local/snortrules2/rules/

According to the pulledpork.conf file, it is unique from the rule_path and cannot be used in conjunction.

What happens if you comment out the out_path line?

Also, if the /usr/local/snortrules2/rules/ folder does not exist, will pulledpork create it? I know it creates the file, but it might not create the underlying folder structure as well.