[Snort-users] Snort Service not Starting.

Jeremy Hoel jthoel at ...11827...
Tue Apr 15 12:59:33 EDT 2014

/var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog are normally a good starting point.

The part about "Stopping snort: snort: no process found" is normal if you
try and restart any service that isn't running.  It's saying it can't stop
it (part of restart) since it's not running.