[Snort-users] Snort vulnerability scan detection

Leonardo Pezente lmpezente at ...11827...
Tue Apr 15 09:48:42 EDT 2014

Well, why dont you set your HOME_NET the actual ip adress of the snort
machine and try again? one think that was write above is that if you scan a
machine inside on your HOME_NET from an ip of the same network, it will not
work. But if you set only one ip, it will detect the scan that hit that ip,
from other machines. Other thing you shoud check is if the scan rules is
actually active.