[Snort-users] Snort 2.9.6 and Pulledpork 0.7.0 - so_rules configuration

Y M snort at ...15979...
Mon Apr 14 11:43:36 EDT 2014

> snort-community/emerging-threats and is generating the snort.rules files.

Both of these do not contain the so rules. You would need the registered ruleset to get the so rules.

> does pulledpork
> also downloads and configures so_rules or do I need to "feed" that
> directory with so_rules for pulledpork process them?

If PulledPork is configured to download the registered ruleset, then yes it will get them and copy them to the directory you specified.

YM