[Snort-users] Barnyard2 setup question (I'm not getting alerts from both instances)

Y M snort at ...15979...
Mon Apr 14 11:39:11 EDT 2014

You would need two Barnyard2 processes. Each Snort process will  log u2 to its own directory, such as

snort00 --> logs to --> /path/to/logs/snort00
snort01 --> logs to --> /path/to/logs/snort01

And then have each Barnyard2 process read from its respective directory. However, you need to make sure that the "sensor_name" in each barnyard2.conf file is unique to eliminate conflict. Also, each logging directory will have its own waldo file (transactions file) so that Barnyard2 keeps track transactions.

YM