[Snort-users] Snort vulnerability scan detection

Y M snort at ...15979...
Mon Apr 14 11:27:50 EDT 2014

NeXpose and/or Nessus contain thousands of plugins, each of which may conduct one or more vulnerability tests.  What Snort picks up is going to depend on the scan "policy" you run and what you are exactly enabling in the scan.

Another way to look at it is how you Snort sensor is setup, where your sensor is, compared to the scanning sensor and the target, not to mention your Snort configuration.

YM