[Snort-users] Help! I ran nmap port scanner against my Public IP address and no alerts were generated on my Snort IDS box!

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Sun Apr 13 15:51:41 EDT 2014

On 4/13/2014 6:36 AM, Teo En Ming wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran nmap port scanner against my PUBLIC IP address with the "slow
> comprehensive scan" profile. No alerts were generated on my Snort IDS box at all.
>
> Please help me generate alerts for my Snort IDS box.
>
> Thank you very much.

did you scan from inside or outside your network? in other words, where was the
machine that you ran the scan from...