[Snort-users] Blacklist Rule Error 22

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Sat Apr 12 20:33:29 EDT 2014

On 4/12/2014 7:19 AM, Rameez Qureshi wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have attached my classification.config fiile, I have not edited it and
> downloaded it again incase there was an error with the previous file

the file is of the proper format... i'm seriously thinking that it is because
you are not running snort in a traditional installed manner... so, find the two
lines in your snort.conf and hard code them to the exact path for
classification.config and references.config

eg: include /usr/src/snort/rules/classification.config

do that for both classification.config and reference.config...

seriously, though, it isn't this hard when installed normally... why you are
having all these problems is beyond me... hard coding the above should take care
of this particular problem...