[Snort-users] Questions about Snort

osan abdul Rhaman Hassan osanhassan at ...131...
Sat Apr 12 11:06:01 EDT 2014

 Hi

I am a PHD student and I want to compare my algorithm  with Snort. so I have the following questions:

1-  can anyone tell me , what is the current string matching algorithm that running inside last version of Snort?

2- Is there any way to extracted all Snort rule between the symbol " | | " into one CSV file?

3- Is Snort rule written only in hexadecimal or String ? and what is the best format ( i.e : Hexa or string or .... ) to compare it with packet payload format?

Thank you very much