[Snort-users] ERROR: ../rules/blacklist.rules(22) Unknown ClassType: trojan-activity

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Sat Apr 12 00:19:39 EDT 2014

On 4/11/2014 3:45 PM, Rameez Qureshi wrote:
> Just to add I have fixed the error where it could not find the rule file was a mistype in the rule path
>
> It's back to the Trojan-activity rule flagging up now

it is not a trojan-activity rule giving you the problem... it is that snort
hasn't found the classification.conf file so that it knows what priority to
assign to trojan-activity rules...

i'm starting to wonder if maybe you have also modified your classification.conf
and commented out all of those like you did your snort.conf in a previous
incarnation?