[Snort-users] ERROR: ../rules/blacklist.rules(22) Unknown ClassType: trojan-activity

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Fri Apr 11 15:21:17 EDT 2014

On 4/11/2014 2:59 PM, Rameez Qureshi wrote:
> I was thinking it was the classification file, the classification and
> reference.conf are in the same directory where the snort.conf is

good! that's something you've just done since yesterday? do they have the proper
permissions? are they of the proper format?

there was an incident we dealt with some time back where one of the files was
not of the right format... some how it had been altered by an editor or during
transfer to the machine in question... it took several days to find that problem
and get it fixed...