[Snort-users] ERROR: ../rules/blacklist.rules(22) Unknown ClassType: trojan-activity

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Fri Apr 11 15:04:53 EDT 2014

On 4/11/2014 1:39 PM, Rameez Qureshi wrote:
> Hello
>
> I still seem to be getting problems and cant seem to find an answer for the
> following erorr:
>
> Initializing rule chains...
> ERROR: ../rules/blacklist.rules(22) Unknown ClassType: trojan-activity
> Fatal Error, Quitting..

the error states "Unknown ClassType: trojan-activity" which means that your
classification.conf file is not in the proper place...

> I have no whitelist/blacklist rules added and found answers online pointing to
> possible problems with my classification.config and reference.config however I
> havent touched these files and dont know why its giving this error

where have you placed classification.conf and reference.conf? are they in the
same directory as your snort.conf?