[Snort-users] FW: AW: Libovar Man info.

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Wed Apr 9 20:49:05 EDT 2014

On 4/9/2014 6:19 PM, Rameez Qureshi wrote:
> for my snort.conf file when taking out the # out of the rule paths for rules and
> for including individual rules it throws up and error and this led me to taking
> out the # where snort seemed to fire correctly but did not load any rules

sorry! i hit the wrong keys with my previous reply :(

line 538 in your snort.conf doesn't contain a filename...
line 540 is missing the '/' between "rules" and "file"...
line 692 is missing the 'i' in "include"...

you have so many other items commented out that it is doubtful that you will get
it working without a lot of editing... you might want to start with a fresh
snort.conf and then make the few edits needed for your installation while
leaving everything else as is...