[Snort-users] FW: Inquiry about snort‏

Mejally Khdour mejally.khdour at ...125...
Wed Apr 9 13:40:29 EDT 2014

Hi
my graduation project is Testing and Evaluation of IPv6 Impact on Intrusion Detection Systems, therefore I used snort as an intrusion detection system, I faced a problem in understanding the architecture of snort, and how its files are connected,  I tried to change the alerts syntax which come out on command prompt when attacks were detected, but unfortunately I failed.
ex: instead of (snort decoder) warning : ICMP type not decoded                       ->(snort decoder) warning : Flood Advertise6 attck
may you tell me how to change the syntax of the alert (warning) if possible or send me some references which will help, please?