[Snort-users] BarnYard2 Start issue.

Gierczak, Stan SGierczak at ...16714...
Tue Apr 8 08:01:19 EDT 2014

I ran make and make install as James and you suggested.  That worked.

Thanks for everyone's assistance.

-----Original Message-----
From: waldo kitty [mailto:wkitty42 at ...14940...]
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2014 7:44 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] BarnYard2 Start issue.

On 4/7/2014 2:24 PM, Gierczak, Stan wrote:
> That sort of worked.
>
> root at ...16770...:/etc/init.d# sudo service barnyard2 start $Starting
> Snort Output Processor
> (/usr/local/src/snort/barnyard2-1.9/rpm/barnyard2):
> /etc/init.d/barnyard2: 29: /etc/init.d/barnyard2:
> /usr/local/src/snort/barnyard2-1.9/rpm/barnyard2: Permission denied
>
> I know I need to change permission on something, but not sure what.

ahhh... that's the binary still in your source directory... after i wrote my message, i read the one about the instructions missing the install step... have you tried that? if that works, then the path that i told you to put in should not be needed... it is starting to sound like it isn't installed...

> Again thanks for the helping with this.

you are quite welcome :)