[Snort-users] Help

mejally.khdour mejally.khdour at ...125...
Mon Apr 7 12:48:57 EDT 2014

I'm a fifth year student at Birzeit University, my graduation project is Testing and Evaluation of IPv6 Impact on Intrusion Detection Systems, therefore I used snort as an intrusion detection system, I faced a problem in understanding the architecture of snort, and how its files are connected,  I tried to change the alerts syntax which come out on command prompt when attacks were detected, but unfortunately I failed.

ex: instead of (snort decoder) warning : ICMP type not decoded
                       ->(snort decoder) warning : Flood Advertise6 attck

may you tell me how to change the syntax of the alert (warning) if possible or send me some references which will help, please?

Sent from Samsung Mobile