[Snort-users] Unable to do Port Mirroring with OpenWRT firmware on Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 Router

Teo En Ming teo.en.ming at ...11827...
Sat Apr 5 15:41:47 EDT 2014

Dear Bill Parker,

Previously I mentioned that I have bricked my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 router
after migrating from dd-wrt to OpenWRT firmware. I have since
de-bricked/recovered/re-flashed my Buffalo router after following
instructions from the following URL:

http://g300nh.blogspot.sg/2010/06/firmware-flash-and-brick-recovery.html

I have flashed my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 router with OpenWRT attitude
adjustment 12.09 firmware.

I have also installed the iptables-mod-tee module using the following
commands:

# opkg update

# opkg list | grep -i tee

# opkg install iptables-mod-tee

However, I still cannot get port mirroring to work with Snort.

Here is what happens:

root at ...16772...:/lib/modules/3.3.8# iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -j TEE
--gateway 192.168.1.40
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
root at ...16772...:/lib/modules/3.3.8# iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -j TEE
--gateway 192.168.1.40
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

Please advise.

Thank you very much.

Teo En Ming