[Snort-users] Error on pulledpork

Anshuman Anil Deshmukh anshuman at ...16510...
Fri Sep 27 09:01:00 EDT 2013

Hi,

Waiting for a reply for my below mail.

Thanks.

Regards,

Anshuman

From: Anshuman Anil Deshmukh
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 12:41 PM
To: Snort
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Error on pulledpork

Thank you James. It worked. But I have a question based on the output that I get for pulledpork (see output below).

Question : There is no output generated for creation of stub files, so does it mean that the current stub files doesn't require any changes? The timestamp when the stub files were created was 30 Aug 2013. No changes thereafter? How often are so_rules updated?

Thanks.

##### Start

    http://code.google.com/p/pulledpork/

      _____ ____

     `----,\    )

      `--==\\  /    PulledPork v0.7.0 - Swine Flu!

       `--==\\/

     .-~~~~-.Y|\\_  Copyright (C) 2009-2013 JJ Cummings

  @_/        /  66\_  cummingsj at ...11827...<mailto:cummingsj at ...11827...>

    |    \   \   _(")

     \   /-| ||'--'  Rules give me wings!

      \_\  \_\\

Checking latest MD5 for snortrules-snapshot-2950.tar.gz....

        No Match

        Done

Rules tarball download of snortrules-snapshot-2950.tar.gz....

        They Match

        Done!

Prepping rules from snortrules-snapshot-2950.tar.gz for work....

        Done!

Reading rules...

Generating Stub Rules....

        An error occurred: WARNING: ip4 normalizations disabled because not inline.

        An error occurred: WARNING: tcp normalizations disabled because not inline.

        An error occurred: WARNING: icmp4 normalizations disabled because not inline.

        An error occurred: WARNING: ip6 normalizations disabled because not inline.

        An error occurred: WARNING: icmp6 normalizations disabled because not inline.

        Done

Reading rules...

Setting Flowbit State....

        Enabled 37 flowbits

        Done

Writing /etc/snort/rules/snort.rules....

        Done

Generating sid-msg.map....

        Done

Writing v1 /etc/snort/sid-msg.map....

        Done

Writing /var/log/sid_changes.log....

        Done

Rule Stats...

        New:-------18762

        Deleted:---0

        Enabled Rules:----4924

        Dropped Rules:----0

        Disabled Rules:---13837

        Total Rules:------18761

No IP Blacklist Changes

Done

Please review /var/log/sid_changes.log for additional details

Fly Piggy Fly!

##### End

Regards,

Anshuman