[Snort-users] SnortID.com website

Starner, Mark mark.starner at ...5850...
Thu Sep 26 16:46:23 EDT 2013

We have snorted.com configured in Base as the reference link for Snort
SID:GID lookups.

Normally, I don't use it, but accidentally clicked on it, and it looks like
snortid.com was not renewed and may have been taken over.

When I got to the website I was told I may have been infected by the
BACKDOOR.POISON.BQA virus.

Just a heads up. I have changed my Base configuration to go to 127.0.0.1
instead of snortid.com

Just wanted to pass the word.

Mark Starner  | Global Infrastructure - Systems  |  Unisys IT

Unisys  |  443-921-0355

<file:///C:\Users\starneml\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures\Required_Ima
ges\Unisys_Logo.gif>

attachments from all computers.