[Snort-users] How to verify that snort has the latest rules

Hanson.Webster at ...16540... Hanson.Webster at ...16540...
Mon Sep 23 14:38:52 EDT 2013

Is there a way to tell if my snort device has the latest rules for Sourcefire?  I know I can run pulledpork manually to make sure it works, but is there a log to check or a command I can run that will tell me what version of the rules I have installed?  I am building a snort device that will be deployed to a remote location and I won't have access to it, so I want to make sure it is working before I ship it out.
Hanson M. Webster | Network and Security Analyst | Salem Five Bank | 210 Essex Street, Salem MA 01970 | Tel: 978.720. 5230 | Fax: 978.498.0230 | www.salemfive.com<http://www.salemfive.com/>

This information may be confidential and/or privileged.  Use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you receive this message in error, please inform the sender and remove any record of this message.