[Snort-users] Problem Updating Rules with PulledPork

Benjamin Lincoln BLincoln at ...15832...
Wed Sep 18 12:46:52 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am currently running Snort 2.9.5.5 and Pulled Pork 0.7.0 on Windows 2008R2. When using pulled pork to update the rules, it will just keep trying to download new rules over and over again. I see the rule file getting created in the tmp directory, and it will grow to 18 kb, but then shrink back down to 8 kb after pulled pork tries to grab the file again. Basically, it will just keep saying the MD5 doesn't match and try to keep re downloading the file. Any Ideas on this?

Benjamin Lincoln
IT Security Analyst Support
Banner Bank
Internal Ext. 53274