[Snort-users] Snort Performance

Julian Wiegmann julian.wiegmann at ...15603...
Thu Sep 5 06:39:08 EDT 2013

Classification: Public
Hi,

I have a VPS server with a 2Ghz dedicated CPU and 1G RAM. I run some web services with hardly put any strain on it but I do have a lot of traffic.

How much traffic in Mbps could I expect to inspect with a balanced security policy and some pre-processors enabled? 300Mbps? 500Mbps?

Kind regards,
  Julian Wiegmann

---

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.