[Snort-users] Cannot execute binary file

SnortFan SnortFan at ...131...
Tue Sep 3 12:08:25 EDT 2013

Hi All,
      I just upgrade one my sensors from cents 5.x to 6.3 32bit. (Hardware is limited to 32 bit). I reinstalled snort 2.9.4.5. When I try the command "snort -V" I get an error, can not /usr/local/bin/snort: cannot execute binary file.  The file is there and root has RWX on the binary file. I thought it would at least let me get the version.

Any clues on how to trouble shoot?  Is there a different down load for 32 bit vs 64 bit?

Thanks,
Ed

Sent from a mobile device.