[Snort-users] Using snort in an PCI DSS environment

elof at ...6680... elof at ...6680...
Wed Nov 20 11:40:09 EST 2013

Hi James.

As I understand it, the sd_preprocessor only mask packets that are matched
with the sd_pattern rule option, i.e. rules to detect and alert on
e.g. card numbers.
That is the opposite of what I wrote.

Even with maskin enabled, all thousands of rules that do not contain the
sd_pattern keyword could, in theory, log a packet that accidentally
contain a card number.

/Elof