[Snort-users] Snort 2.9.6 Beta Now Available
snortreleases at ...950...
Mon Nov 18 16:44:38 EST 2013
Snort 2.9.6 Beta is now available on snort.org, at
http://www.snort.org/snort-downloads/ in the Development section.
Snort 2.9.6 includes changes for the following:
[*] New additions
* Add support to do file specific processing within DCERPC
preprocessor for files being transferred over SMB.
* File capture and storage -- saves files as they traverse the
network via a new preprocessor that ties in support within
HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, and SMB. See README.file and
README.file_server (under tools/file_server) for details.
* Add <= and >= operators to byte_test rule option.
* Update SMTP to detect Cyrus SASL authentication attack.
* Add capability to capture a single session from start to end.
* EXPERIMENTAL: Add support to leverage file type identification in
snort rules. See README.file_ips for details.
* Only inject active responses when a TCP session is established.
* Update the POP and IMAP protocols to support simple PAF for improved
identification and capture of files.
* Update SMTP, POP, IMAP to improve inspection when mime boundaries are
split across packets.
* Address issue to address end of line incorrectly for Quoted Printable
* Handle out of order SSL handshake in SMTP when STARTTLS is used and
fix checks for SSL type only within the SSL hand shake.
* Update sensitive data preprocessor to handle a stateful search of
patterns across multiple packets.
* Address a few issues in the Snort manual and other READMEs for
flowbits and tunneling.
* Save off packet data for quicker debugging in case of a SIGABRT or
See the Release Notes and ChangeLog for more details.
Please submit bugs, questions, and feedback to bugs at ...10585...
The Snort Release Team
More information about the Snort-users