[Snort-users] First time snorting ... ERROR: The dynamic detection library ...

Alan McKay alan.mckay at ...11827...
Fri Nov 15 08:28:49 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 at ...14940...> wrote:
> ok... try adding "-k none" before your "-c" or after your "eth0"...

I did that and still no luck - still empty pcap files

> now we need to see the rest of the output when you shut down snort... that will
> give us the statistics of traffic that it has seen, if any at all...

I've updated this with the shutdown info.   While it was running I did
a couple of "nmap -O" against it from another machine on the internet
(my home server) and also did an infinite loop trying to ssh into it
and kept getting repeated errors about publickey ... so both of those
should have triggered something no?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bd3atMiqTBvbwF8BIpZDSVEr1vYniyM0GSIHZGvVWO8/edit?usp=sharing