[Snort-users] First time snorting ... ERROR: The dynamic detection library ...

Alan McKay alan.mckay at ...11827...
Thu Nov 14 14:40:17 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 2:32 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 at ...14940...> wrote:
>> And it is running now!
>
> YAY!! excellent work :)

Well, except it does not seem to be logging anything.  I have the
snort report GUI fired up and there is nothing.   And I manually look
at database tables, and nothing.

I logged into a remote server and wrote a little script to just loop
and try to SSH into the server running snort - let it run for about
1000 iterations.   Still nothing in the databases.

So not sure whether that is normal or what but does not seem normal to me.