[Snort-users] First time snorting ... ERROR: The dynamic detection library ...

Alan McKay alan.mckay at ...11827...
Thu Nov 14 12:27:39 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 12:18 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 at ...14940...> wrote:
>> The 30 day delayed ones that I got after signing up for the site.
>
> for snort 2.9.5.5 or an earlier snort?

Aha, I think that would be my problem then!   The article said to get
snortrules-snapshot-2950.tar.gz but it did not explain what now seems
obvious - that those names have snort version numbers built into them!
 So I should have taken snortrules-snapshot-2955.tar.gz

I'll go try that now and see what I come up with ...