[Snort-users] Syntax for "ignore=" in Pulledpork

Y M snort at ...15979...
Wed Nov 13 12:12:03 EST 2013

Hi,
You need to define the rules/categories you want to ignore/disable in the "disbalesid.conf" file. Edit the same file and add:
emerging-chat.rules
The comments/documentation inside the "disbalesid.conf" file should be sufficient to get you going. I am not sure of the "ignore" within the "pulledpork.conf" will operate on ET rules. Someone else can jump in and comment in this regard.
Hope this helps.YM

From: Vernon.Stark at ...383...
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 12:01:36 -0500
Subject: [Snort-users] Syntax for "ignore=" in Pulledpork

What syntax is required with the “ignore=” line in Pulledpork (0.7.0) when ignoring selected Emerging Threats rules?  For example, if one wants to ignore chat.rules from the Emerging Rules set, what syntax is required?  I tried all of the following and yet “ET CHAT” rules still end up in snort.rules in the enabled state.  ignore=emerging-chat.rules  ignore=ET-chat.rules ignore=emerging-chat ignore=ET-chat I have recent rule downloads, so I’ve been using the following: ./pulledpork.pl -c pulledpork.conf -n -P -E Vern
Snort-users list archive: