[Snort-users] Barnyard2 reports database insert errors

Dave Corsello snort-users at ...15598...
Tue Nov 5 11:56:42 EST 2013

On 11/5/2013 11:17 AM, waldo kitty wrote:
> On 11/5/2013 10:52 AM, Dave Corsello wrote:
>> |interactive_timeout |is not configured in my.cnf or in the startup script.  I
>> can't think of anything that could be killing mysqld.  Do you have anything
>> specific in mind?
> i don't know what they might have been thinking about but many systems are
> running in a VM and the VM OS is killing processes when memory get too low...
> this could be one place where mysqld is being killed and then later restarted
> when memory consumption is less...

Waldo, the host has plenty of excess RAM, and my overall memory
consumption is very low.  So, I doubt that this is happening.  Even so,
I did research a day or so ago on how to prevent memory from being
reassigned, and based on what I found, I reserved memory for this VM.
If I'm not mistaken, this should make what you're describing even less
likely.  I still got insert errors after reserving RAM.