[Snort-users] Barnyard2 reports database insert errors

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Tue Nov 5 11:17:59 EST 2013

On 11/5/2013 10:52 AM, Dave Corsello wrote:
> |interactive_timeout |is not configured in my.cnf or in the startup script.  I
> can't think of anything that could be killing mysqld.  Do you have anything
> specific in mind?

i don't know what they might have been thinking about but many systems are
running in a VM and the VM OS is killing processes when memory get too low...
this could be one place where mysqld is being killed and then later restarted
when memory consumption is less...