[Snort-users] SOLVED: snort-2.9.4.1 startup message: Can't start DAQ (-1) .. Fatal Error, Quitting..

flashl flashl at ...5190...
Fri Mar 29 15:40:23 EDT 2013

It never fails ... Each time I send a request to the list for help, I
finally manage to solve the problem.  In my case, during migration from
FC17 to FC18, I uninstalled snort.  However, as I discovered today,
there were remnants from old install still on system.  Specifically,
files: snort snort-plain from old install still reside in /usr/sbin.
After I symbolically linked 2.9.4.1 version in /usr/sbin startup was
successful.