[Snort-users] Output: CSV and interface

beenph beenph at ...11827...
Wed Mar 27 09:35:50 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Phil Daws <uxbod at ...14273...> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> at present I am writing all the alerts to a MySQL database using Barnyward2, but along side this wish to write to a CSV file.  That is working fine but one variable which appears to be not available is the interface that Snort is listening on. Is it possible to get that written out to the CSV as-well somehow ?

As discussed on freenode #barnyard2, i just created a branch that
allow the interface and hostname to be logged along the csv file
It will make its way in the next relase.

Thank you for reporting/testing this missing feature.

Right now the branch can be found here for other people who would have
similar interest in such a feature
https://github.com/binf/barnyard2/tree/CSV-field-add

-elz