[Snort-users] Logging - A easy way ?

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Tue Mar 26 10:00:26 EDT 2013

If this is a non-production setup; one of the things I used to do to
generate alerts (a lot of alerts) was to enable all the rules. Load all the
individual rules files in a text editor, do a global search in all open
documents for "# alert" (less the outside quotes), and replace that with
"alert".

Make SURE to test the snort configuration using the "-T" (less the outside
quotes), just to make SURE there are no errors in any of the rules.

Best regards,

Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management.

--

*          Visit Us @  <http://www.winsnort.com/> http://www.winsnort.com
*

*      ~~ FREE WinIDS Snort installation guides ~~      *

*               ~~ FREE support forums ~~               *

* Snort: Open Source Network IDS -  <http://www.snort.org/>
http://www.snort.org *