[Snort-users] Logging - A easy way ?

Joao Daniel Neves joaodanielnevesss at ...125...
Mon Mar 25 14:55:17 EDT 2013

A few days agos I wrote about my BASE that was not displaying any UDP alert. It was 100% TCP. Unfortunately I could not resolve it. I'm doing some tests. My plan is very simple. I want to know if snort is checking against UDP. So I want to elimita BASE from this scenario.
Acording with some documents that I found on the web, it seems that
/usr/local/bin/snort -d -h IP/32 -l /tmp/test -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -s
Would write some logging information to /tmp/test.

After running the command (in bold). I stop it with 'Ctrl + C'. And so

ls -l /tmp/test do not display any files!

My question is simple: Is this command correct ? Will it write logs/alert to /tmp/test ?
What command would do simple write alerts to log?