[Snort-users] Unknown ClassType

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Thu Mar 21 15:08:23 EDT 2013

On 3/21/2013 00:59, 严骞 wrote:
> Hi, Brian,
> I found this thread in the internet, then I subscribed the snort mailing list.
> http://seclists.org/snort/2012/q3/972

the thread above (from Sept 2012) is about using an old classifications.config
file... the only fix is to disable those rules OR to provide a new
classifications.config file... the last option being the more proper option to
implement ;)

> I met the same issue before, then I solved it by uncomment some line start with
> "output", in other word, there must be one line start with "output" in the
> config file.

actually, this is not correct... i have several dozen snort's in operation and
*/none/* of them have an output line enabled in them ;)