[Snort-users] Alert file

Mohammad MontazerI mohamad_montazery at ...131...
Wed Mar 20 02:57:58 EDT 2013

Hello dear all.
i enabled Network Intrusion Detection System (NIDS) mode and i recorded my network packets.
this command: ./snort -d -l ./log -c snort.conf
now in log directory there are two files:
on of them log all packets and another one name is alert.
i think this file should contain warning, attacks and ... against my network. but after about 7 hours the file still empty!!!
this is good. but i want test snort. so how can write data in alert file?
what i can do?