[Snort-users] HA feature available for Snort NIDS/NIPS Engine

Kevin Ross kevross33 at ...14012...
Mon Mar 18 10:43:31 EDT 2013

Implement HA around it. i.e:

In firewalls, switches etc and have IPS fail open. Hopefully if one
physically dies as it is inline on the wire as far as everything else is
concerned the link has failed and so failover should happen. You have to do
that with other solutions which don't have built in failover like Cisco IPS.