[Snort-users] Segmentation Fault After Rule Update

Stark, Vernon L. Vernon.Stark at ...383...
Thu Mar 14 19:25:21 EDT 2013

I redownloaded the newest rule pack and Snort is running fine.

Thanks Joel.

Vern

From: Joel Esler [mailto:jesler at ...1935...]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:59 PM
To: Stark, Vernon L.
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Segmentation Fault After Rule Update

On Mar 14, 2013, at 6:21 PM, "Stark, Vernon L." <Vernon.Stark at ...383...<mailto:Vernon.Stark at ...383...>> wrote:

I just updated the rules using pulledpork.  In my configuration, this updates both the VRT and Emerging Threat rule sets.  Once I restart Snort, it crashes giving the error "segfault".  I rolled back the rules to the previous version and Snort runs fine.  Has anyone else experienced this?  If so, have you isolated the cause?  I'm running Snort version 2.9.4.0.

Redownload the newest Snort rule pack.  This has been fixed.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT