[Snort-users] Segmentation Fault After Rule Update

Stark, Vernon L. Vernon.Stark at ...383...
Thu Mar 14 18:21:31 EDT 2013

I just updated the rules using pulledpork.  In my configuration, this updates both the VRT and Emerging Threat rule sets.  Once I restart Snort, it crashes giving the error "segfault".  I rolled back the rules to the previous version and Snort runs fine.  Has anyone else experienced this?  If so, have you isolated the cause?  I'm running Snort version 2.9.4.0.

Vern