[Snort-users] startup error on with blacklist rules

Jim Turner JTurner at ...16132...
Mon Mar 11 15:25:47 EDT 2013

Please tell me exactly what I need to edit in my snort.conf.  I am unclear on how to fix this problem.

I do not believe that I have edited anything in the snort.conf to REM out the classification.config

From: Joel Esler [mailto:jesler at ...1935...]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 11:37 AM
To: Jim Turner
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] startup error on with blacklist rules

On Mar 11, 2013, at 10:11 AM, Jim Turner <JTurner at ...16132...<mailto:JTurner at ...16132...>> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I got past the problem I reported the other day.  However, now I am stuck on a different error processing blacklist and most likely whitelist rules.

I have attached my snort.conf and the error that I am receiving.

I am running 2.9.4.1 on Windows 7 Pro.  I really appreciate your help.

Doesn't look like the error has anything to do with blacklist rules.  Looks like you aren't including your classification.config in your snort.conf, and therefore Snort isn't able to parse app-detect.rules because Snort can't find the correct classifications.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT