[Snort-users] startup error on with blacklist rules

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Mon Mar 11 11:36:50 EDT 2013

On Mar 11, 2013, at 10:11 AM, Jim Turner <JTurner at ...16132...> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I got past the problem I reported the other day.  However, now I am stuck on a different error processing blacklist and most likely whitelist rules.
>
> I have attached my snort.conf and the error that I am receiving.
>
> I am running 2.9.4.1 on Windows 7 Pro.  I really appreciate your help.

Doesn't look like the error has anything to do with blacklist rules.  Looks like you aren't including your classification.config in your snort.conf, and therefore Snort isn't able to parse app-detect.rules because Snort can't find the correct classifications.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT