[Snort-users] Snort Processes randonly dies

Avery Rozar Avery.Rozar at ...16118...
Mon Mar 4 16:27:20 EST 2013

Ok, thank for your answer. How do I rebuild the config? Is it as simple as  re doing the ./configure&&make&&make install with out the debug option? I think if I remember correctly, I may need to use a make clean or something.
From: Hui Cao [hcao at ...1935...]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 2:05 PM
To: Avery Rozar
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort Processes randonly dies

Unfortunately, this buff is fixed in the current release. SafeMemcpy
checks the buff size before writing into it. When size of greater than
allocated buffer size, it will return fail. When your snort is a debug
build, this will fatal error.  SafeMemcpy is used in many places,
typically for logging.  We want to limit the memory usage for logging,
therefore those logging buffer might trigger this assertion.

Best,
Hui.