[Snort-users] About make command error

Mayur Patil ram.nath241089 at ...11827...
Sat Mar 2 14:17:46 EST 2013

Hello there,

    My problem is get solved as followed (Thanks to Bill Parker sir and all)

    CentOS 6.3 x86_64 comes with preinstalled DAQ on the location

    /usr/lib. So when I try to install Snort it was taking /usr/lib path ;
despite

   I compile my DAQ-2.0.0 on location /usr/local/lib.

   So the resolution suggested by Bill sir is

You should download DAQ-2.0.0 from www.snort.org and compile it yourself,
> if it builds properly, it should place the
> results in /usr/local/lib, and then you should be able to build snort by
> using ./configure --enable-sourcefire --with-
> daq-libraries=/usr/local/lib --with-daq-includes=/usr/local/include

  and you will find your snort installation will be smooth.

   Thank you !!
--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.